When local authorities do NOT adhere to ‘the law’, when Police are used to carry out their child snatching and secret family courts to legalise their wrong-doing, political avenues have to be used for change.
But when a petition to the House of Commons remains without response, when the responsible Minister writes The Government wants families to get the support to stay together, but the opposite is true, we looked for help outside Britain.
Encouraged by two MEPs, we set up the online petition Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent.
In parallel, Laila went to see Latvian MEP Tatjana Zdanoka in Brussels who encouraged her to submit an individual petition.
- Together, we got on the agenda of the EU Petitions Committee on 19 March 2014: Pan-EU Child Protection in the light of EU Convention Rights.
- the original petition of May 2013
- Systemic Patterns of Child Snatching and Forced Adoptions in the UK
- the Dossier of online Evidence.
Here are the minutes of the meeting with these decisions:
- re individual petitions: petitions to be kept open. Letters would be sent to the municipal and national authorities in the Member States involved to invite them to give their reactions to the allegations made by the petitioners and to explain their actions. A letter would be sent to Commissioner Reding to urge the Commission to act and to study ways in which it could approach cases as had been brought to the attention of the Committee in the petitions and to propose legislation accordingly.
- re collective petition: petition to be kept open. Letters would be sent to the relevant national and local authorities in the UK, as above, to invite them to give their reactions to the allegations made by the petitioner and to explain their actions. The Members’ request for a fact finding visit to the UK and a public hearing would be referred to the coordinators.
Since MEPs are being re-elected in May 2014, it is important to contact your MEPs in the UK. Suggestions are on
- Dear MEP, if you want to be re-elected, will you commit to our pro-child agenda?
- Dear MEPs, Please ensure Seven Action Points for Petitions Committee of EU Parliament.